There is incredible research out there and it is easy to tap into. Whatever your health issues are, I strongly encourage you to do some googling, even if they are ‘genetically linked’ or are ‘very rare’. Many of these maladies may be influenced by our environment (what we consume). You might be surprised if you begin to dig a little!
You have at your fingertips incredible information that is easily accessible if you can use a computer or have someone help you. You could also go to a medical or hospital library if you have to subscribe to get the article.
You will be amazed at the research that you can Google. Here’s how to do it.
- Keep the subject you are searching for in quotes if it is more than one word.
- Add the word gluten or “celiac disease” or “antigliadin antibody”
- Add the word pubmed; this is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Narrow your search by doing an advanced search for 3 or 6 months or a year.
- Leave pubmed out and you may find other research.
- Ex: “atrial fibrillation” “celiac disease” pubmed
- Ex: lupus gluten pubmed
- Ex. dementia “antigliadin antibodies” pubmed
Always read the scholarly